HELP!! Air Con Problem

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

HELP!! Air Con Problem

Postby daniel » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:35 pm

Lads, problem with my aircon, and worse still it seems to be an intermittent prob (always the worst to fix)..here goes at describing it

On Auto
Set temp to 17deg, works fine
adjust up to 17.5deg, fan actually shuts off and display shows fan dropped by one bar
Keep adjusting up by .5deg all the ways to 32deg, still same issue with fan, and same display
Once at 32deg if you use the manual fan adjustment and bring it up to full it kicks in again.

Then if you drop it back down, fan actually keeps going full blast, but display shows the incremental drops you would expect

Basically it seems to be that the displays shows whats happening correctly but the fan is not resoponding..

Sorry for the confunsing description,, any help would be appreciated...i am getting on the HSS to stranrare on friday, and dont fancy a drive to belfast and then onto dundee with the window open!!!!

Cheers
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Speedyboy » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:51 pm

Did you try running it with auto off? Mine seems to have a bit of a mind of its own on auto
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby CJ » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:11 pm

Remove the fan cover down in the drivers footwell, its only one or two screws if I remember correctly. Make sure all parts are free moving.
Long shot, but if you havn't reset the ECU in a while, give it a go.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Speedyboy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:34 am

If you take off the fan cover in the drivers footwell squirt a bit of anti bacterial air freshner in there to clean it out a bit.
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy

Postby daniel » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:42 pm

cheers lads, ill try that, problem wasnt there when i started her this morning, is the fan cover the black one which is has a whiteish coloured container ontop??

thanks
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Postby steelroe » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:03 pm

In auto the Air Con ECU will adjust the fan up and down according to internal TEMP. It wil also modulate the air dampers as it see's fit. So yes it does have a mind of it's own. Have you had the centre gauge console off recently. I would check that all the connectin are correct at the back. I have a spare ECU if you want to borrow it to try and elminate that.

Rory
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby steelroe » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:11 am

Daniel,

What you are describing is exactly how the unit should work on AUTO, I read through the manual and tried my own on AUTO last night and it does exactly te same thing. So your AIR-CON is working perfectly in AUTO

Rory
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical