FTO Ireland MEET - June

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:50 pm

If anyone from Cork or Kerry etc wants to make the trip to Kenmare for the day on Saturday or Sunday then let me know and we can arrange to meet up.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:52 am

so how did the meet go??
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:53 pm

Dave wrote:so how did the meet go??

It was a great weekend, while there was only myself, MfFTO (+ the other halves) and PajEVO (we also met up with his cousin in his 98 facelift / vR spoilered GS - really clean car), we made the most of it and put up some serious milage on the challenging Beara Peninsula roads. It really is a great part of the country to drive around, the scenery can be quite breathtaking and the roads are great craic (you need your wits about you at times!) We took in quite a bit of the area inclideing Kenmare, Tuosist, Castletownbere and Garnish. We went diving on the Sunday from Kilmackillogue pier , gotta say, it was thouroughly enjoyable (once I got over the initial panic!) and I'll certainly be giving it a go again. One of the highlights of the weekend was heading up to the Kenmare tunnel (400M long 'hole' in the mountainside) and letting the MIVEC out of the cage, what a sound! I've capured it on video (not great quality as it was night time) and I'll stick it on the site once I get sorted. We took bucket-loads of pics, some of them are top quality, the scenery and dramatic backdrops really complement the car.

On top of all that,the weather was fantastic, we couldn't have asked for better. The sun shone non stop from when I left Dublin early on Satuday morning until yesterday afternoon, the missus has the sunburn to prove it!

All in, it was one of the better weekends away I've had in Ireland and I look forward to doing it again in the future, hopefully with some more FTOs in tow. Keep an eye out for the forthcoming pictures, they're worth the wait.

Big thanks go out to MfFTO and his better half for taking the time out to show us around South Kerry and West Cork, I would have got lost a few times had I not been permanently in hot persuit of a manual MIVEC!

CJ

P.S MfFTOs fitted and blended DC skirts look great, top notch job, again, the pics will tell all.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:15 pm

Good to hear it went well CJ....If only I still had my FTO :( ..........
Would have felt a bit out of place with my coure sportivo
What a weekend for it!

CJ wrote
P.S MfFTOs fitted and blended DC skirts look great, top notch job, again, the pics will tell all.

I got a sneak preview on Friday last, very impressive, very well done.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:25 pm

Looking forward to those pictures....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:15 pm

CJ wrote:
Dave wrote:so how did the meet go??

Big thanks go out to MfFTO and his better half for taking the time out to show us around South Kerry and West Cork, I would have got lost a few times had I not been permanently in hot persuit of a manual MIVEC!

CJ

Great to have you in tow CJ - It was a fantastic weekend overall - some really good pics to prove it - I'll send you on my night shots and a couple of my fav photos when I get a chance.

The Mivec in the tunnel was worth the trip on its own. A whole night to play up there without disturbance - didn't see one car.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:52 pm

CJ wrote:
It was a great weekend, while there was only myself, MfFTO (+ the other halves) and PajEVO (we also met up with his cousin in his 98 facelift / vR spoilered GS - really clean car..........(you need your wits about you at times!) ......... gotta say, it was thouroughly enjoyable (once I got over the initial panic!) and I'll certainly be giving it a go again. One of the highlights of the weekend was heading up to the Kenmare tunnel (400M long 'hole' in the mountainside) and letting the MIVEC out of the cage, what a sound! I've capured it on video (not great quality as it was night time) and I'll stick it on the site once I get sorted. ..........
All in, it was one of the better weekends away I've had in Ireland and I look forward to doing it again in the future, .............CJ

I don't know how to do the multipul quote thing so the dots above will have to do :D

I'm glad ya had a great wknd ...dam i had to be working :evil: :evil: you needing ya wits about ya eh!!! i guess your driving skills are lacking due to all that dublin car park driving lol.... can't wait to see the vid.... next one might be an excuse for me to come back for a vist so :!: :!:

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Previous

Return to Irish FTO meets