Where to get Cam Seals Today?

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Where to get Cam Seals Today?

Postby goz_83 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:00 pm

As above....need them asap, because i'm headin to Cork the weekend and would like not to bring the brava. Need cam seals right away. Anyone know exactly what I need? Camskill has a full gasket seal kit....is this what I need? I am assuming I don't need this set and I just need little seals.....but can't find em anywhere. The garage are removing the seals atm to check the sizes to see if they can get a set for me.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Where to get Cam Seals Today?

Postby jayod12b » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:20 pm

ring your löcal mitsubishi dealer with your chassis number, theyll have them and they will be cheaper than camskil when you take everything into account
jayod12b
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby goz_83 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:57 pm

thanks jay....i keep gettin the parts area voicemail. no call back yet
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Theyd hardly have them ex stock would they?
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:46 pm

i got the seals in mitsubishi service centre just off o' connell street. Also needed an extra pulley for the cam belt (the one causing the screeching noise). The garage was unable to find one at first, but eventually got one secured for today at 4:30pm. This was after I had run all over the city and had one secured via consort in artane for tomorrow at 12pm. I only hope its all done by friday. will post bill and add to the service history of the car. If I ever sell this car to a club member, ya better be shining my boots for years after.

No news about the alarm fault, but i might get a remote start alarm installed if the current alarm is knackered.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:53 pm

That's the place up by summer hill, didn't realise that was still open, bizarre location for a garage like that.
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:25 pm

I can't tell you how many times i passed it and didn't even realise it was there. And the workshop is down a tiny laneway. I'm just hoping my car is ready by friday noon. Wedding anniversary weekend and all that.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical