Hiya all

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Hiya all

Postby JJ » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:27 pm

Hi there, been a member of FTOOC for a long long time, and came over to Ireland with a small group some time ago to meet the Irish Club in Dublin. Seem to remember you took us on a pub crawl and it all got a bit hazy after that ... :D

Thought I'd check out what you're doing as I may be coming over again later in the year

Cheers
JJ
JJ
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Mustang » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:22 am

Welcome JJ the Irish hospitality can get a bit hazy alright! What are you driving?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:53 am

Welcome on board JJ, its good to see an FTO veteran such as yourself knocking around the forum :)

Most of the guys that you would have met when you came over (Rob, Kevin, Aidan etc) have since moved on, I'm driving Robs GPX and Chuck is in Kevins IIRC. Thats not to say that the community has waned over here, in fact its much stronger these days. On that point, we were discussing the option of having a meet and inviting the UK guys over, do you feel this is something that would appeal to people?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hiya all

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:53 am

JJ wrote: Seem to remember you took us on a pub crawl and it all got a bit hazy after that ... :D

JJ

A pub crawl!!! - At an FTO meet! - What are the chances of that happening again? "Went a bit hazy" you say - hmmm - I think I see a pattern forming. :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby JJ » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:43 pm

CJ wrote:Welcome on board JJ, its good to see an FTO veteran such as yourself knocking around the forum :)

Most of the guys that you would have met when you came over (Rob, Kevin, Aidan etc) have since moved on, I'm driving Robs GPX and Chuck is in Kevins IIRC. Thats not to say that the community has waned over here, in fact its much stronger these days. On that point, we were discussing the option of having a meet and inviting the UK guys over, do you feel this is something that would appeal to people?

CJ

Why not indeed - I didn't drive My FTO when we were last there as I was already there on business. But I'd like to do it again with a car :D
I'll guage the interest on the FTOOC if you like

MUSTANG: Its a pretty standard GR, 1995. Mille Miglia 17" alloys, just getting a Millenium steering wheel, and a few shiny bits here and there :D
JJ
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:15 pm

JJ wrote:I'll guage the interest on the FTOOC if you like

Sounds like a plan JJ, I think we need to get ourselves together a bit more on this one in terms of planning, dates etc, I'll revert once we've fleshed out the basics.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:52 pm

JJ - would I be correct in saying that you are the famous John Jones, one of the founder members of the FTOOC many many years back if I remember correctly ??
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby JJ » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:10 pm

Kace wrote:JJ - would I be correct in saying that you are the famous John Jones, one of the founder members of the FTOOC many many years back if I remember correctly ??

You would be correct .... Not sure about famous, but certainly I was the founder member:D Very much a club of one for a few months, then 25 after I went on the internet ... and then the rest as they say is history.
JJ
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Introduce yourself