Facelift upgrade guide now online

If you've any comments on what might make fto-ireland.com a better site, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Facelift upgrade guide now online

Postby CJ » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:48 pm

Guys, I've finally got around to completing the facelift upgrade guide, you can access it via any of the main pages or click here. Comments appreciated.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adrian » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:42 am

You've done a great job yet again CJ. Fabulous write up and I am well impressed that you did this yourself. You should post that on the UK boards...they would really appreciate it.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby CJ » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:41 am

adrian wrote:You've done a great job yet again CJ. Fabulous write up and I am well impressed that you did this yourself. You should post that on the UK boards...they would really appreciate it.

Cheers Adrian :) It went up on the FTOOC forum a few minutes after posting here ;) As far as I'm aware there is no facelift swap guide on the web, hopefully it will serve to drive traffic to the site as well as being a useful source for other owners considering the same.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:10 am

Nice work CJ!

The angel eye addition would look very well - I might have a bash at doing this with the prefacelift bumper - well - when I say "I" - I mean the bodyshop might have a bash at it. That looked like a fair bit of work.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:16 pm

Great guide - should deffo draw some attention from across the water.

Your car really looks sweet with the VersionR spoiler and facelift front in that picture at the top of the guide.... makes me want to run out to look for another FTO right now..... maybe someday....... :cry:
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:37 pm

Thanks for all the feedback lads. The job itself is not all that difficult, its tricky in parts but its not something that should put you off. Once you have all of the required parts and tools and you're not a complete donkey when it comes to using a screwdriver or a spanner, you're set.

As regard using angel eyes as parking lights, I should have them soon, I'll update you on my progress.

On a less positive front, I still havn't recieved my mesh yet which is dragging out completion. I can get stuff sent over from the States quicker than I can from the UK at the best of times :roll:

Finally, once everything is completed I'll take some proper pictures and put them on display.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:13 pm

CJ,
I can't remember who on the UK forum runs it?...but perhaps you could suggest adding it to the fto diy site? http://www.ftodiy.co.uk/

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby PurpleRonnie » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:15 pm

Mustang wrote:CJ,
I can't remember who on the UK forum runs it?...but perhaps you could suggest adding it to the fto diy site? http://www.ftodiy.co.uk/

Mustang
yep good idea, that would be Red you'll need to speak to

p.s CJ sorry for turning the post on ftooc.org into a classic/facelift argument :oops: :lol:
PurpleRonnie
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby AL » Wed May 11, 2005 9:48 am

yeh excellent job CJ, ive just noticed funky products now do a facelift copy, might be worth a look at :wink:
AL
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby CJ » Wed May 11, 2005 10:24 am

AL wrote:ive just noticed funky products now do a facelift copy, might be worth a look at :wink:

So they have, interesting. There are two things that would put me off however:

1. Price - when the shipping is included, you're talking approx €500, you should be able to get an OEM bumper for the same money locally.

2. Its fibreglass - fibreglass is less flexible will crack a lot easier than plastic.

If it was a bit cheaper then it would certainly a worthwhile alternative.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jayfromukftooc » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:20 am

Thats one spot on how to there cj defo post it ere in the uk if u havent already.

top job that :wink:
online shop closed

contact me here

www.spooky.dook@ntlworld.com
jayfromukftooc
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:46 pm

jayfromukftooc wrote:Thats one spot on how to there cj defo post it ere in the uk if u havent already.

Nice one Jay, I posted a link to guide on the FTOOC forums at the time so its up there somewhere...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions, announcements and updates